Sunday, June 14, 2009

sorry for the lack of updates, was away for ALIVE! camp for the past 3 days. it was really fun and i've received more than what i asked for. also i had so much favor with pastor sam, the teachers and the children there.

My team is striker king!!! wooohhooooo, we are first!!!! haha, at first i thought that my team is all ready set up for victories. as we are the only group that is called king. there are masters and warriors around, but a king is above all of them.not to put down any other teams, but i just felt that my team was going to live up to our team name. but as i reached the camp and having meeting my team, i just felt so discouraged, as my team's children do not really bond well with each other, even after the ice-breaker games. also i felt that the other teachers are more outgoing than my group's.

Day 1, we started on the wrong note, we lost our first 2 games. that means we lost a huge sum of points. we drew twice and finally only won once. i felt the team started to be together, but still i think its too late. as all the other teams we like really bonded already. i kinda give my team a lot of encouragements although deep down inside me, i did not believe what i said to them. Then teacher Ronnie end the first day with the message of that Jesus will used the lost and the last to do great exploits. using the weak to confront the strong. i kinda not believe then.

Day2, things somehow flow the way we wanted it to be. we start to become very dominating in all the games, although we lost once and drew once. at least we won three of five of the games. but still that wasn't enough as we were trailing very far back in terms of points. but the turning point of everything was the finale game. a waterbomb war. we manage to trashed all the other teams which won us the first place. the team was of course very happy. i was shock, that a team like my which really did not start well could eventually becoming the winning team.

on the last day, nothing much was done but as we read all the little note that the children wrote for the teachers. i was totally shocked as i kinda of receive very good comments on me. I always thought that i was the worst teacher there is, i always thought i wasn't all out for the team. but yet everything that was written for me were total opposites of what i think of how i perform.

Also i did said that i have so much favor with the teachers there, i kinda find it a little weird at first as i do not know the teachers they and yet when the teachers approach me, they kinda know me inside out already. they are very caring too, felt like i have so many other mothers. one of them is pastor sam, she has been always caring for me, asking me whether i have enough food, whether i need more rest, whether i am ok with handling the children and many other things. i just felt so loved there and God became so real in the camp.

oh no, spent to much time blogging, gotta go wash my shirts and pack for HM camp. will be back on friday to share what happen in the camp!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment